Enrollment Information


Welcome to the Baugo Community School Corporation!

Students in Baugo are assigned to the corporation based on their residence.

Transfer enrollment is closed for 2019/20 as of June 1, 2019.  For more information, contact Michele at mmathewson@baugo.org or call 574-293-8583, ext 1012.


Student Registration and Enrollment Information

How old does my child need to be to register for school?

In Indiana, children must be five (5) years of age on or before August 1st to be eligible for kindergarten.

What to bring when you register:

The following documents are required for registration:

-Birth Certificate

-Immunization Record (Shots)

-(1) Proof of Address: ex. mortgage or lease agreement, recent utility bill, bank statement, payroll documents or recent tax statements

-Valid I.D. (Drivers License

-Guardianship/Custody Documents (if applicable)

Do you need help locating documents?

Birth certificates for children born in the Elkhart County area may be secured from the Elkhart County Health Department, 574-523-2127.

Your child’s doctor, clinic or previous school may have copies of Immunization Records. The Elkhart County Health Department, 574-523-2127, may be able to assist with needed immunizations.

Copies of any documents pertaining to guardianship must be presented at the time of registration. Court documents may include divorce decrees, custody/guardianship papers, Orders of Protection, Juvenile Court orders, or Probate Court orders.

Please call the Educational Service Center, if you have any questions about documents required for registration at (574) 293-8583 or email mmathewson@baugo.org

Contact the nurse at your child's school if he/she has any health-related or medical needs.

How do I request an enrollment packet:

Email mmathewson@baugo.org, phone 574-293-8583 or visit Baugo Educational Service Center, 29125 County Road 22 West, Elkhart, IN

Where do I register?

Bring required documents and a completed enrollment packet to Baugo Community Schools Educational Service Center, 29125 County Road 26, Elkhart, IN 46517

I moved. How do I change my address?

The parent/legal guardian should take proof of a new address to the current school or the BCS Educational Service Center, 29125 County Road 26, Elkhart, IN 46517. Acceptable documents include mortgage or lease agreements, recent utility bill, payroll documents or recent tax statements.

For additional information, contact your assigned school, or the BCS Educational Service Center at 574-293-8583. E-mail questions may be directed to mmathewson@baugo.org