What Does It Mean To Be A Jimmie?
In the fall of 2014, a committee of staff and parents were asked to define the characteristics of a Jimtown Jimmie. They developed a response that honored the community's history as well as the community's expectations for what a student in our school system and, ultimately, what a graduate of Jimtown High School looks like. With those goals in mind, they developed the answer to the following question:
- What does it mean to be a Jimtown Jimmie?
- Like every hardworking railroad worker:
- a Jimmie is dependable;
- a Jimmie confronts life's challenges courageously;
- a Jimmie understands the power of working together and does not let the team down;
- a Jimmie plans for the future and knows that what is done today affects what happens tomorrow;
- a Jimmie applies the virtues of truth, trust, respect, and integrity to actions in life;
- a Jimmie treats others as they would wish to be treated;
- a Jimmie takes responsibility for their actions and does the right thing;
- a Jimmie becomes stronger and smarter through trying, failing, learning, and winning;
- a Jimmie is a leader; and
- a Jimmie is dedicated to making the world a better place by compassionately serving others.