Indiana Career Explorer
Please follow the instructions below to begin using Indiana Career Explorer/Kuder Navigator — an online educational and career planning system for today's middle school and high school students.
- Go to the Indiana Career Explorer at http://www.indianacareerexplorer.org/.
- Select New Users from the Login Area to begin the registration process.
- Select Student and choose your grade level from the drop down menu.
- Click Continue to create your account.
- During the process you will need to create a unique user name and password. Write down your user name and password in the space provided for future reference.
- You have two options to select your school or organization. You don't have to do both options. 1) You may begin typing the name of your school or organization in the Your School, Center, or Organization dropdown and a list of matches will appear. You can click on each one in the list to review contact information such as address and city to make sure you are selecting the correct location. 2) If you were provided with an Activation Code (N-Code), you may enter that in the box and it will automatically assign you to your school or organization.
- Be sure to check the box next to "I have read and agree to the terms and conditions of use " after reading this information.
- Click Register to complete the process.
Navigator Home Page
- Once you have created your account, you will be directed to your Navigator home page. To access the system's tools and resources select a tab from the top navigation menu. Your home page also provides a link your messages, to do list, recommended links, and account information where you can update your profile, upload a photo, and change your grade level each year.
Taking an Assessment
- The first step in the educational and career planning process is learning about yourself.
- Click on Learn About Myself from the top navigation menu.
- 6th Graders: Choose Interest Checklist to learn about your interests in the six Career Fields.
- 7th-8th Graders: Choose My Interests or My Skills. To get started, you will select your desired education level/degree that you plan to attain.
- 9th-12th Graders: Choose Take an Assessment and click on one of the assessment titles. To get started, you will select the desired education level/degree that you plan to attain.
- Once you complete the assessments, use your results and the other available tools from the top navigation menu to support your ongoing education and career exploration and planning.
- To re-enter your account, go to http://www.indianacareerexplorer.org/, select Log In, and enter your user name and password.